Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Poor Katya...


She got sick after returning from the USA, actually developing double pneumonia... She may very well miss the all-important first day of school next week (truly a huge deal, NOTHING compared to the first day of school in the USA), not to mention her birthday a few days later...

She cried and cried at the prospect of having to stay home; she's been counting the days until September 1st, jealous that I've been "at school" for two weeks now, while kids still aren't allowed to come, too...

You can't tell from this picture how sad she has been, however... A new webkinz  and some Brady Bunch dvds are softening the blow. 

7 comments:

Annie said...

I hope she can go to the first day of school...the way you described that - it would be dreadful to miss it.

Anonymous said...

And she will miss buying the flowers for the September 1st too.
Do people still buy flowers at the farm markets? I use to love garden phlox, they do have the sweatest smell.
I hope Katya will make to the 1st.
Olga

Rachael said...

Hope she bounces back quickly! Antibiotics and REST. Dr.'s orders!

katbat said...

oh - hope she feels better soon! (btw my kids LOVE webkinz!)

Tina in CT said...

Wish she were near you to have your doctoring TLC, Rachael.

Poor Katya. She looks miserable.

I remember when I had pneumonia when you were in elementary school and had just had your Brownie ceremony in the fall. My body felt like it had been beat with a crow bar. I was so sick for a week. Each morning Dad would bring me toast and juice in bed for breakfast and leave me with ginger ale and I'd sleep all day while both of you were gone. Each night he'd put clean sheets on my bed.

I just emailed you the webkinz codes for the two special edition cats that I bought the girls as their travel back to Moscow gifts. The cats are in my open suitcase ready to fly off to Moscow in Dec.

At least she has all those new books to look through and start reading when she is in the mood.

I bet the cats are happy to curl up with her on the couch.

Tina in CT said...

I know how important the first day is and how she's looked forward to it, buying flowers for her teacher and wearing her new Gymboree outfit. Poor kid.

kristin said...

Sorry to hear she is sick! I hope the rode to recovery is smooth and she doesn't miss the first day!