Friday, September 25, 2009

Just Outside the Subway Stop...


Last week I had to make a trip to Relod, the bookstore at 15 Pushkharev Pereulok (near Sukharevskaya metro). They have a fantastic selection of English (and some French and Spanish) textbooks/study materials and a very good selection of children's and adult literature in English. The prices aren't cheap, but they're quite reasonable for Moscow and I'm often very pleasantly surprised by what I find there. 

If you go there, be sure to stop at Coffee Bean for some delicious food and drink in a smoke-free environment. 


I've always thought this church is beautiful... If you walk by at sunset, sometimes the last rays reflect off of the green domes in a breathtaking way...

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Beautiful. I love the domed buildings there.

The Expatresse said...

I had to meet The Spouse on Saturday night and because of a mix up, we decided to meet in Red Square. While I was waiting, that little church by the gate . . . had a bell-ringer in the tower. It was really magical. And today, walking home from school with the girls, I heard another one at the Rozhdestvensky monastery.

Annie said...

That color is amazing....

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was in Moscow for a few weeks this summer, not long enough yet long enough all at once, and I love that church. I forget the name though...