Monday, September 7, 2009

Natalia's First SMS in Russian

Natalia took my cell phone from me last week, found my friend--the director of the school--in my address book, and wrote her the following message to thank her for the piece of cake she had sent home with me:

Эта наташа я абажала ваш Торт спасиба*

I was so surprised to see that sent message on my phone! Way to go, Natalia! Hmm... She hadn't even started school yet, but was already sms-ing the head of her school... I'm glad both girls are in a school that feels like a second home to them, where they really feel loved.

*"It's natasha i adored your Cake thanks," with some spelling mistakes since she doesn't know when "o" makes an "a" sound or vice versa. She'll certainly work on that in first and second grade!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

That is ADORABLE. She is such a smartie! And a charmer too.

Seane-Anna said...

How sweet!

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

I shall be in the Moscow airport Sunday the 13 for a 4 plus hour lay-over enroute to another country to work for a week with special needs orphans. I'll be sure to think of you when I'm there! ;-)

Tina in CT said...

Today's mail brought 2 of Melissa's favorite books for Katya's birthday - Meet the Austins: The Austin Family Chronicles, Book 1 and The Moon by Night: The Austin amily Chronicles, Book 2. I'll bring them at Xmas.

Have you read my blog about the AG activity books at McDonald's?