Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Home, Cradled and Cared For...


The girls were so relieved to see Lyalya yesterday! We placed him in Katya's arms and he instantly relaxed! He also sucked on Natalia's ear for a while, much to the amusement of the staff at the clinic!

We brought him home and he's so happy to be here... I slept on the couch with him on my chest to keep my eye on him. Good thing... Turns out he still has trouble with his bladder, which kind of worries me... He's also not eating...

But he did jump up to the top of a bunk bed to his favorite resting spot, so he's got to be feeling a lot better! The doctor had said Lyalya wouldn't attempt anything he wasn't physically ready for...

Asya is actually afraid of him. She senses he's not well and she acts scared, keeping her distance.

It's daunting to be caring for him. The directions from the doctor fill two pages! MANY pills, most of which need to be cut into eighths, pulverized and delivered by syringe... Then he gets shots, too...

When we were leaving the hospital, the vet confided to us that the surgeon had been stunned to see him still alive on Monday; she hadn't thought he could make it. He really grew on the staff; our vet even admitted to taking his picture with her cell phone because he was such a sweetie!

He's asleep in my lap right now and I am so. very. thankful.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Ah! I'm glad that turned out well!

Please pass by get well wishes on to Lyalya :)

Tina in CT said...

I hope he starts eating to gain his strength. Just spoke with the girls.

The Expatresse said...

Awwwww!

Tina in CT said...

I sure hope Lyalya gets stronger, eats and drinks more and gets his bladder straightened out. I know his being home and being given so much loving attention is great medicine for him.

Anonymous said...

Good news!
Hope Lualya will keep improving fast.
Olga

garnet said...

You really do have a beautiful cat. Hope he is doing well and that the care for him is lessoning.