Monday, November 9, 2009

Lyalya: Looking Promising!

In Amina's arms.

He looks SO much better than he did this morning! Tremendously so!

I was there twice today. This morning things were pretty upsetting. He was in worse condition than the previous evening, unable to move much, disinterested. Worst of all, he was shaking--because he was so cold! His fur was all matted from urine and it was clumped all over him in a clammy mess. I was so upset! Such negligence was inexcusable; it really put his recovery at risk! Furthermore, he has been hooked up to a catheter--so how did that even happen?

I ran to buy cat diapers and told them to give him a warm bath immediately, then dry him and keep him warm. They did... They also cleaned him up with dry shampoo and some warm water around the bottom area.

This evening Amina and I went back to visit him again, and he was an entirely different cat. We were able to hold him and he loved curling up on our laps. He was really interested in all the other animals in the waiting room, and he looked pretty happy.

He still can't go to the bathroom on his own, though. He's also not interested in eating, so he's still getting hydrated by IV.

As soon as he can eat and go to the bathroom, we can bring him home. Now, we still don't know for certain that he'll be able to do those things, but it seems likely. He's pretty much out of the woods! WHAT A RELIEF! Now when the girls get home tomorrow, it will be much easier to tell them about what happened while they were gone.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Thank heavens! It almost sounds like he was coming off anesthesia earlier...at least I recall feeling that way after surgery. Shivering to my bones. That would account for the disinterested state, too. He looks splendid in the photo!

Tina in CT said...

Seeing him in Amina's arms, I wouldn't have known he was so sick as he looks great. Lets's hope he's turned the corner.

katbat said...

Oh I am so glad things are looking up for kitty. I have been thinking about you guys and hoping for the best.

katbat said...

Oh I am so glad things are looking up for kitty. I have been thinking about you guys and hoping for the best.