Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Unique "Big" Holiday Gift That Would Help Russian Orphans


The orphans who attend art therapy workshops at Maria's Children produce some truly stellar collaborative pieces. This one could be yours for $1,000. Yeah, I know that's an awful lot of money... I'm just hoping someone might read this blog for whom that might be possible...

It would also look fantastic in a place of business, especially in a doctor's office...


It would brighten your home and it would make a tremendous difference in the lives of these children! These mural-sized pieces sell for $10,000 to $30,000 at the various auctions to benefit the organization.


If you look carefully at the painting, you'll notice the fine details in the scenes! Look at the expressions on the characters' faces... The feathers on the birds... The thatched rooftops... The sun reflected in the church's onion domes...


The clown flying over the rainbow represents all the work that Patch Adams and his volunteers do to help these children.


The other images represent favorite scenes from Russian fairy tales.


It was hard to capture the true colors in my pictures; the actual painting is absolutely gorgeous.


My mother could bring the painting back for you on January 1st.

It is also possible to commission specific works, just let me know if you're interested. I know my mother-in-law would love a painting about "music," for example...

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Hmmm. I love them. But, they're a little out of my budget. =)

BUT...I did go to the Maria's Children website and ordered my Christmas cards from them this year. There are so many great ones, I had a hard time choosing!

Tina in CT said...

To you out there that are interested, I'll be happy to bring your art back in my suitcase and mail it to you.

Annie said...

I wish I had that kind of money to put in any direction other than bills! That is a wonderful picture!

Alla is hoping to find some buyers for some of the individual artworks...and there is where I might be able to make a purchase....

garnet said...

Gorgeous colors. I'd love to have the budget to purchase something like this.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful painting!
Olga