Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Arctic Artistry


Half the windows in our apartment are completely covered in frost. It is absolutely beautiful if you just stop to look more closely.


A panel of glass in our bedroom is covered in feather-like patterns that look like crystal. At first glance, it's pretty...


But up close? It's stunning!



In the girls' room, the patterns look like something out of an Impressionist painting. The color scheme varies depending on whether you look up towards the sky or straight out with buildings in the background.


Here are the windows in the girls' room... And below you can see our kitchen.


Pretty nice way to start the day. If only it weren't so darn slippery outside! Amanda's right; this is Moscow... It SHOULD be cold in December. I just don't want to keep sliding around...

8 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Brrrrr. I'll soon be there to see the beautiful frost patterns but don't look forward to -5. It's going to be cold here and with the wind chill, it'll feel like it's in the teens.

Elle J said...

Beautiful! Great photography to capture this.

Annie said...

Those are gorgeous photos, and I've been enjoying the same thing here....we have a couple of windows that don't have storm windows and I really relish the frost and the gorgeous icy patterns.

Anonymous said...

I love the ice crystals growing on the windows. We get it every now and then in our house.
Great pictures!
Olga

Ashira said...

That's gorgeous. I'm jealous, I don't have double windows in my apartment. I don't get beautiful frost patterns, I just get cold!

garnet said...

This is so beautiful! I haven't seen frost like this in ages. I think the last time was on bus windows in Romania. I'm wondering how often is it that it occurs in the U.S. Are our windows too insulated? Because I don't remember seeing them this much.

Things seem to come through late on my Bloglines so I'm not quite clear when you posted this but I got the impression you did it the morning you took the photos. If so, I'm very impressed with how efficient you are. It seems to take me so long to do anything with photos on the blog. Download them. Transfer them into a different file. Shrink them. Transfer the shrunk file to my laptop. Upload them. No wonder I'm so behind.

Tami said...

Absolutely beautiful but brrr....it makes me cold just looking at it! :)

MoscowMom said...

mom, are those really the windows in my house. Really?
katya.