Monday, December 14, 2009

Natalia's Party at School


I made the ice out of melted sugar. It tasted like a lollypop! Coconut flakes were snow and I made the frosting with cream cheese.



The kids all loved it, although they were disappointed that you couldn't eat the Littlest Pet Shop animals, too.


Afterwards the kids played "Natalia's Birthday Bingo" for fun prizes; each child got a card with the illustrations I drew and arranged in a different order. (Click on the photo below if you want to see the drawings in more detail). I wanted them to learn some new English vocabulary while making them feel good about the words they've already learned this year:

friends, cat, ice cream, present, balloons, books, lollypop, yo-yo, run, thirteen, magic, t-shirt, tattoo, candy, sing, lipgloss, dog, snow, seven, December, cake, toys, bag, party


I'm now really glad there are no more birthday parties until next September--well, wait... For two years the kids have been waiting to have a party with friends that aren't from school... This winter when things aren't so crazy, we'll see... I've had the supplies for two years now...

It's fun to throw parties for them... If only I could clone myself to help out!

6 comments:

Annie said...

How lovely! Everything you do is so special!

Tina in CT said...

Wow, it is amazing! Lots and lots of work and time went into that. A far cry from the sheet cake that I made from a boxed mix or the drive to Carvel to buy and ice cream cake.

Tina in CT said...

I noticed that Natalia is wearing the new outfit I sent for her birthday.

Rachael said...

The cake is awesome! And, I bet you drew all those pictures for the bingo, didn't you?! (very cool)

Tina in CT said...

I'll be up until 12:00 if you are up to call. I had a suitcase search tonight with no luck and 5 stores. Just beat.

garnet said...

Amazing cake -- and birthday party! You are so creative. I wish I could think of these things. My kids birthdays always seem to fall at terrible spots in the school calendar where I'm scrambling everything last minute but it is probably just my general disorganized nature. I need to take notes from your blog.