Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holiday Refections


You can see my mom, the girls and I--along with the State Historical Museum, GUM and part of the Kremlin reflected in that blue ball. Cool, no? (I must confess that I got the idea from a photo I saw in a local newspaper).


This is what the whole tree looks like; it's a the foot of Manezh Square. I have a few more days during which the whole city will still be fully decorated; the girls and I are going to drive around after dark so I can take more pictures. We never quite got around to doing that while my mom was here...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
Wonderful pictures.
Is it you on the sled?
Olga

Tina in CT said...

I like the way your picture came out.

I miss being with you girls!

Olga: It's us on the troika.

garnet said...

Again, so beautiful. I do miss Christmas lights -- and feeling safe enough to go out in the dark to see them if there were.

Annie said...

The Christmas trees in Russia are absolutely splendid!!!

BTW - my old friend is directing Three Sisters in Milwaukee, and wanted to know about Novodevichy Convent. I sent her my few photos, and links to your wonderful posts.

Rob,Dawn,Catherine and Iain said...

http://maurailise.blogspot.com/
I am so glad that you posted photos of Christmas. We were in Moscow in Nov. and nothing had been decorated for Christmas yet. We are heading back in Feb. to pick up our little girl from Novokuznetsk. I am hoping some of the decorations will still be there.I just love the Christmas ball with the musuem in the background. Dawn

Karyn said...

Great pics - looking forward to the rest of them. I love you ball reflection work! :)