Thursday, February 4, 2010

Update

I've been back at work full-time since Monday. It's rough. I'm still pretty weak and I'm doing the bare minimum... Unfortunately, however, after having been gone a week, there's a lot of administrative stuff to get caught up on...

Natalia went back to school on Monday, too—but then coughed so horribly throughout the night that both of us barely slept (ergo the persistent fatigue). She stayed home on Tuesday with our babysitter so she could use the ultrasonic inhaler with medicine drops to help clear out her lungs, and she's been back at school since.

She really missed school and is so darn proud of her new cursive "Ж"!


She absolutely loves working on her handwriting in both languages; I'll include some samples soon. (Quick quiz for those who read my earlier post this week about my high school's toilet paper: Can you pick out the hard and soft signs in the alphabet?)

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my Goodness! Is that really Nataliya's handwritting?! It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you all feel better.
And can not wait to see the samples of Natalia handwriting.
Olga

Tina in CT said...

I was so amazed at the quality and neatness of the children's handwriting when I saw their notebooks the days I spent with Natalia and Katya in school. Much, much neater than what one sees here in elementary school.

Jojo, Julz, Julianne said...

Oh Lord, I teach kindergarten so I know the "messes" that little ones start with!! (And I think that is a poster, and not Nat's writing..I have a similar poster)
I would love for you to post more about the children's school..You know, their actual curriculum and how it compares to the US. I can remember posts about friendships and how they are sort of different since your galz are 3rd culture kids. But how is that going?
I read KatBats blog and I wonder if your girlz consider coming back to the US or are they thinking of Moscow as home?
As a RUssian major, you must be so proud of how much your girlz ALREADY know about the culture,language, life in RUssia...

Annie said...

I know my hard and soft signs. :) And how could there be any letter as pleasing to make as a Ж?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Annie - it is a cute letter, and in Russian children alphabets it is usually accompanied by the picture of the bug (zhuk) and two look very much alike.
Olga

Felix said...

I hate the lowercase Ж, to be honest. I can never make the middle parts to meet up correctly! So I just kind of make a little squiggle.