Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bad Day? Eh, Not So Much!


Can't you just hear Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" playing in the background? Yikes. They aren't kidding when they say not to park near buildings at this time of year. Falling snow and ice are no joke...

On the other hand, things are getting better quickly! There are no longer "ponds" to cross when you walk down the street. The water has pretty much evaporated... Or refrozen...


You can still see your breath when you breath outside, it's so cold... But you can just feel Spring around the corner. It's coming. Really! Truly!

11 comments:

Tina in CT said...

You all need waterproof rubber boots. My boss has a great lined pair from LL Bean. Katya will need a pair of rain boots for camp.

Kathy Friend said...

That is about what it looks like here now (in Irkutsk) - it was warm here today, so I am sure it will be a mess tomorrow!

What is the weather like there (in Moscow)? We hope to get there next week.

Tina in CT said...

Hey, it posted here in CT on March 17th, the car is green and it's St. Patrick's Day.

Sunny, not a cloud in the sky and going to be in the mid 60's today. Spring!!!!!

Annie said...

Five years ago we headed to Russia on this day to get our Zhen. So, even the cool, muddy season has such happy associations for me.

garnet said...

Wow, the ice and snow did that much damage? Or was the car an old, beat-up one already?

These kind of pictures do NOT make me miss the sort of springs we usually had each year. I think spring is my least favorite time of year -- though I do wish I could see some daffodils and tulips and crocuses. Hope it will warm up for you very soon.

The Expatresse said...

Nice lake. Ugh.

P.S. I wear my kopeck earrings every day. :-)

Rachael said...

But it was such lovely weather when we were there early May last year, so hold on for that! I can't believe it's been nearly a year since we visited.

Tina in CT said...

The emails I sent you this morning came back undelivered.

Russian Life said...

Just be glad you were not standing or walking where the car was!

Tina in CT said...

Is your Vonnage out as I called around 8 & 10 your time and no answer.

Natalie said...

wow!!! Snow did that? Poor guy. I feel really bad for whoever he or she is that owns that car.