Sunday, February 28, 2010

Curling? Seriously?


The other day I tried to get the girls to sit down and watch some figure skating with me. Nope... They just weren't that interested. How can my daughters not be excited about Olympic figure skating?! I told them that they only get this once every four years, and that it would be fun! "After all," I added, "we really hope to take you to Sochi in four years."

"Really?!" exclaimed Katya. "And can we get tickets to CURLING?!!!!"

Curling? Huh?

"Yeah, CURLING! It's SO COOL to see how physics and friction work!"

I take no credit for her scientific leanings. Check out her recent blog post to see how her curious mind works... Lord knows how I struggled through the basic classes in high school. Curling cool? Not so sure. But my scientific nine-year-old? Definitely!

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

It's the science genes she inherited from your father the engineer.

Katie (and Tony) said...

I don't get curling either. This is all they seemed to show on TV this year. That or downhill skiing. They showed these first. Figure skating wasn't on until 10pm at night! What is that about?

Katya said...

Curling? Seriously? I don't get it and they showed a ton of it on TV down here... and almost no skating.

Tina in CT said...

Skating is the most popular sport of the Winter Olympics so I don't get it why more is not telecast here in the US too. I can't stand it that they will show one or two skater and then go to another sport and switch back and forth.

garnet said...

I must confess I don't I've ever even seen curling. As you can imagine, the Winter Olympics aren't exactly a big deal here, though I heard a rumor that there was at least one Kenyan athlete.

AnnaI said...

Curling IS cool! And awesome fun, too! I am heartbroken there isn't a curling league or a club where we live now. Bloody backwards Japan.... LOL!

Gill - That British Woman said...

never tried curling, but it is a big thing here in Canada.....

I am enjoying your blog, foudn it through Expact Women.

Gill in Canada