Monday, May 17, 2010

Seeing Green

(Edited on May 22)


It's that time of year again... Unfortunately, am I ever feeling it! Pollen is everywhere, accumulating until surfaces turn lime green...

White tufts of dogwood pollen (pukh) are also starting to fly through the air. UGH.

I'm almost over my current sinus infection and plan to stay on Claritin indefinitely... Every season there's something I'm allergic to here...

(Edited on May 22)

The pollen on the ground isn't dogwood pollen... There has, however, been a little bit of dogwood pollen blowing on a few occasions. We probably won't be attacked by the blizzards of pukh for another two weeks...

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I'm sure that the city air doesn't help either. A Clariton a day year 'round sure helped me.

Sun With Passing Showers said...

I'd forgotten about the dogwood pollen. It was everywhere when we were in Moscow last June finalizing our daughter's adoption.

Anonymous said...

I do not think it is dogwood, I think it is poplar tree that produces the puch.
Not that it will make your allergy any better.
We had such an early and fast spring and everything bloomed so early this year that I am sneezing and have burning eyes even on rainy days now.
Olga