Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Hand-Me-Downs


Katya looked so cute in this hand-smocked dress on her third birthday... (I know the picture isn't too good; I had take a picture of it since it wasn't digital and our scanner doesn't work).


These days it fits my good friend's daughter, the ever-adorable Abigail. We got together with them last night and I was so surprised to see her come running around the corner in it! I had completely forgotten that we had passed the dress along to them. She thought she was clearly "the bees knees" in it as she flitted around the Old Arbat!


As for Natalia, I think she's partly smiling because Mommy got her "cute dress fix" while someone else was wearing one!

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Oh, how I remember that dress that I bought. Natalia had a matching one in red. They were so cute as is their little friend. I MISS the smocked dress days!

The Expatresse said...

That's such a nice thing. I love being able to pass on those favorites to someone special who will love them as much as I did.

P.S. Boy, does N. look like you.

Tina in CT said...

And look at pictures of me at that age and you'll see another where it started.

covnitkepr1 said...

Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

Elli said...

So beautiful girls!

Bankerchick said...

You have darling little girls and I love to read of your and their adventures in Moscow. I have been lurking for awhile but, have decided to come out of the shadows as I like your mom's and your blog.