Monday, June 28, 2010

Lenin's Strawberries


I'm back in the USA now, after a whirlwind trip/packing Katya for overnight camp (the 1st time!)/bringing her to camp/getting Natalia ready for her day camp... And I've crashed. Strep throat for the fifth time in one year!

Just left the doctor's office with yet another prescription... I need to have my tonsils removed. UGH. It's rather tough to find two weeks when I can lay flat on my back and just recover from that... Too much traveling to see various family while here... Guess I'll have to have the surgery done back in Moscow and take a week off from work after the one week of fall vacation...

In the meantime, here's a VISUAL dose of vitamin C... Strawberries from the Lenin Strawberry Farm. I noticed these little strawberry huts along the highway when we drove to Domodyedovo airport to visit Katya in Greece. Turns out they're put up at this time of year to sell berries!


I left early when I went to pick her up from that same airport last week, allowing enough time to get some pictures—and some berries! They were DELICIOUS, and the car sure smelled heavenly afterwards!


Once these antibiotics kick in, I'll blog more! Now to only figure out the password so I can access my mom's wifi in the house...

6 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie said...

My doctor once told me that if you don't have tonsils you simply get strep. Hate to tell you.... Do you consider that you might be overdoing it?

No. I recognize another overachiever when I see one.

I love it when you blog, though.

You need to teach your mom to put photos in her blog!

Now I want strawberries.....

The Expatresse said...

They really are Lenin's strawberries, aren't they.

Sorry about the tonsils. I agree with Annie . . .

I know what you mean about not being able to relax while in the US. Folks sometimes think it is a holiday and while it IS very enjoyable, it can be a lot of work.

Tina in CT said...

I have to add that our Sat. was crazy as they arrived late Fri. night and we had to leave before noon on Sunday to drive Katya to camp. The trunk, sleeping bag and a few other things were waiting for them in my living room (which is a storeroom when they are here) as Tami had ordered them online. Sat. was camp shopping for things that Katya still needed, sidewalk sales, picking up her rental car (my trunk is too small for a trunk, stacking drawers, sleeping bag, pillow). Then after camp dropoff, we headed over to my SIL's best friend's to bid them farewell as they moved to England today. Life has settled down at my house as I go to work and Natalia goes to camp.

MoscowMom said...

The reason they (doctors in Moscow and in the US) want my tonsils out is that they keep reinfecting me--you can see them coated in gook pretty much all the time, and I never am able to truly get over anything. Natalia used to be sick ALL THE TIME until we had hers out three years ago...

I sure don't *want* to do it, though... But I've been sick pretty much all year long... I just can't go on like this, constantly taking antibiotics... If there's a chance it could help...