Thursday, August 19, 2010

Scenes from the Farmers' Market


I love, love, love sunflowers...


Heirloom tomatoes are scrumptious, too!


The ever-present American pumpkin! (I still chuckle at Russians' reactions to how we call our kids "pumpkin"... Here is a friend's cute story about that...)


Sunflowers and zinnias are what we had for our wedding... Blue Arizona Iced Tea bottles with sunflowers on the tables... And the bridesmaids carried bouquets made from the zinnias I planted in the garden where Chris asked me to marry him...


Last, but not least, here is Katya holding a parakeet that's wearing a body diaper! Random!

We ran into the beloved former Headmaster of the school I went to... It was so nice to introduce him to Katya and to chat... I still remember how he used to bring his golden lab to school... I would go up to his office to pet the dog... I once even fell asleep under the large conference table while we cuddled, and then had to pop out after a meeting started to rush back to class!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I passed a pumpkin and mum roadside stand on my way home from work. My reaction was more, "NO! Not yet!"

Thanks for reminding me of the cute pumpkin story. =)

Tina in CT said...

The Farmer's Market was great. Since it's been hotter than you know what here in CT all summer (and so dry) that I can't wait for Sept. weather, mums and pumpkins. I've already thrown out most of my potted plants as they looked do dead even though they were watered daily. Our heat and drought really did them in. Last year they rotted from the rain. A real waste of $.

Annie said...

Gosh, what gorgeous photos. I keep missing the big market which is rather far from us, but you remind me that there is one in another part of town today....

Had to drive Sergei out to a friends' house in the country the other day, and saw several tables set near the road with produce, but was so annoyed that each time there was some fast-driving vehicle on my tail so I couldn't safely stop in time.