Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Um, Not Just Now...


So... We're back in Moscow. Flying was always a true joy alone with two kids. And Aeroflot, economy class, made it an extra-special experience. Our dryer is broken. Many light bulbs need to be replaced, all weird sizes that are hard to find. The disorganized chaos of our apartment after three years of working again didn't magically disappear. Our cluttered apartment is also covered in dust from the toxic smog—and there's no dryer!!!

I had to run to the store after arriving for some basics like milk, water and bread. These masks were on sale at the check-out, not that I've seen anyone wearing them... Comparing to how bad it was in Moscow this month, Muscovites are definitely in "it's over" mode.


I then saw this sign outside the next grocery store where I needed to go. Um, an international MARATHON? HERE? NOW? (Not that I'd be in shape if the air quality weren't already compromised...) Umm... No, thank you!

Somehow I managed to drag myself out of bed and to work, though... I certainly had enough time to prepare, given that Natalia got up for the day at 1:30 a.m.!

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

1:30 in the AM!!!!! What a fun day you've had!!!!

Susan said...

Ok, the marathon has me excited. I'll have to add it to the list of marathons I want to run. But, I'm wondering how to get over there to run it? When we went to Moscow last year, we had to be sponsored by the organization hosting the meeting my husband was attending. I guess the marathon sponsors you? Thanks for posting, I'm off to research more about it.
Susan