Tuesday, December 21, 2010

On the Community Board at Starbucks...


...but not under our tree... Brother and sister, 1 and 1/2 months old...


Isn't he a little clone of Lyalya? Now, if Lyalya were still going around swallowing objects and incurring $1,000 vet bills, it might make sense to have a back-up... But he seems to have learned his lesson last May...

p.s. Nasty Virus Update: Katya now has it. Poor girl is so sick. Her British pal now has it, too; funny how both sets of sisters got it at the exact same time... I'm still not all better, either—but it's that last crucial week of school... Tomorrow is the final day I have to go to meetings and teach. Thursday and Friday are the girls' holiday assemblies and the high school assemblies, but at least I won't have to prepare lessons... Okay, now one day to finish getting ready for our three friends who arrive on Thursday morning!

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Please call me. I'm home.

Shar said...

Hiya, I'm honestly not sure what I'm doing. I was recommended your blog through a friend who has adopted. I'm not sure how private these comments are. So I'll just say hello for now and see where this goes. I hardly knew how to get into my own blog. Sharon.

Annie said...

Wow - they certainly work you right up to the holiday! Is it because they don't "count" the Dec. 25 holiday? Or, is it because there is not as much hoopla (requiring teachers to be free to prepare home celebrations)?

Hi, Sharon! (We don't usually see requests for phone calls among the blog comments - Tina is Tami's mom, whose blog I also recommended.)

Tami, I'll vouch for this lovely Irish lady...we have to lure her into blogville.

The Expatresse said...

Oh, I hope all feel better soon!

Tina in CT said...

Thanks for the explanation Annie.

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog (and enjoying it a lot, because we went to Russia (Moscow, St Petersburg, Golden Circle) 3 times. I must say, I am a bit concerned about you, first the violence you were writing about, now the airport bomb. Hope you are ok?
Truida