Saturday, April 23, 2011

Headed to World's!

Due to the tsunami and earthquake in Japan, the 2011 World Figure Skating Championships were last-minute relocated to Moscow! You have to really feel for the Japanese skaters, though... They have a very strong team and they have surely been looking forward to performing in front of their home crowd for years... The defending champions from last year's World's are both Japanese...

People in Moscow are very grateful, however, for the chance to attend the competition and cheer on everyone... Because of the short notice, it wasn't that hard to get some good tickets. The four of us are going with friends to watch the ladies' freestyle (medal-deciding) competition next Saturday, and then on Sunday Katya and I are joining another mom and daughter from her class to go to the Exhibitions.

This year I'll be sure to not put on face paint backwards while looking in the mirror...


Come to think of it, I think I'll just skip the face paint...

But we WILL bring big banners for the Alissa Czisny and Rachel Flatt! Alissa was a Russian major in college; she must be so excited about the unexpected trip to Moscow!

4 comments:

The Expatresse said...

Oh, how very cool!

Garnet said...

Hope you had a wonderful time. I've never attended an event like that and think it would be so much fun.

Tina in CT said...

I'm jealous!!!!

Banker Chick said...

What fun. I loved ice skating when I was your girls age. Still love to watch competition