Sunday, April 24, 2011

Working Hard...


Yesterday the girls and I tracked down where to get some 0dd-sized light bulbs we need. While the woman who worked at the shop was in the storage room, I just couldn't help but take this picture of her work station—where she sits in front of the shop, in full view of all customers...

On either side of the laptop, signs of a hard day's work: an entire BOX full of manicure supplies; a bottle of red polish; a bottle of top coat; and a big box of chocolates...!

I'm betting the only web site visited was "V kontakte," the Russian version of Facebook...!

As we left, Katya remarked that the woman only had one red nail– on her left pinky! (She picked up on that even before she knew that I had noticed all the manicure stuff... Good eyes! Future spy?)

3 comments:

Garnet said...

Ha, ha! Reminds me a bit of our front desk receptionist who seems to be browsing Facebook every time I pass and I must confess to twinges of jealousy at having free time during the daylight hours rather than staying up till late at night and still not getting all grading done. But I guess someone has to do these "challenging" jobs.

Tina in CT said...

The top is ajar on the red nail polish too. Not too smart to do that next to a laptop.

Madeleine said...

Ha ha Russian customer service. I do miss Moscow though. Amazing city.