Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy 450th Birthday, Saint Basil's!



This is the heading on Google today! Happy, Happy Birthday!

We LOVE this church...


Remember this playhouse I made when Katya was a year old and we lived in Brooklyn? Yeah, that was neat...  I was clearly going a bit out of my mind being home all day with a toddler after having loved all the creativity I had poured into my teaching! We all loved that playhouse and it was so sad to have to rip it apart when we moved... There was no way to get it out of the apartment; I had built it to wrap around a corner and it was huge...

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

It was a masterpiece!

Cheryl Basile said...

Wow, that is awesome! I teach a culture camp for kids adopted from Russia who now live in the U.S. The younger ones would love playing in something like this. Could you share a bit on how you made it, if you remember?

I'm not sure how I stumbled across your blog, but I love reading it! Since my daughter was adopted from St. Petersburg, it's always nice to know about what life is like in Russia.

Banker Chick said...

Spending today catching up with all my reading and glad to see you posting again. I love this play house, that was interesting reading about expat kids. They will have a great time visiting their grandma.