Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Russian Fashion...

I took these pictures at the beginning of June... While staying at Lesniye Dali, a Soviet-era "vacation place" ("rest home"--think a nicer version of a YMCA family camp place where you have a main lodge/hotel and dorms, in the woods), I came across this kiosk shop...

In the window I spotted this gem of a dress and just HAD to take a picture. Where on earth do they get these designs? You'd THINK someone who knows English could verify signs and printed clothing before they're made...



Just in case you missed that snazzy fashion detailing, here's the pocket logo: 


Um, no. I'll pass. Who buys this stuff?!!! Moscow is such a place contrasts: you're surrounded by ULTRA-chic people all the time, sporting the world's top fashion labels, and right next to them you see styles right off the "Krushchev" runway...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh gosh! Not something you'll see me wearing anytime soon!

I was also really impressed with the "Engrish" phenomenon I witness when I was in China. It appears everywhere! When we were passing through immigration to enter China, instead of describing us as foreigners - the arrival cards referred to us as aliens!!

Annie said...

I want it.

Samantha said...

I love the contrast of seeing people wearing inmate clothes while shopping in GUM. Nothing like it in the world...

Banker Chick said...

Wow, nothing left to say!