Friday, October 21, 2011

Russian (well, Euro) Shoes...




While on facebook the other day, this sidebar ad caught my eye: "Shoes without heels...," and it gave their website, etc. The shoes looked SO cool... So colorful, and they seemed really comfortable... And they would be amazing with jeans... So I clicked on the site. They have them in a whole assortment of yummy color combinations! 


That style also comes with a heel... I've lived here long enough that I really like these, too... 






Now, I actually need a new pair of black boots, so I started to look through their catalogue... Found one pair, but wasn't too crazy about the style...




Oh, my! Kind of funny that a shop raving about "shoes without heels" actually specializes in some of the most bizarre shoes I've ever seen! As you look at the next styles, keep in mind that living here means seven months of winter weather, ice, lots of slush, and cobbled streets... Russian women amaze me.




 Wow... And then the regular heels???!
Can you imagine??




I think I'll stick with my American shoes... 

5 comments:

The Expatresse said...

I saw a version of the stripey show with heel here last winter. I coveted it, although my arthritic toe prohibits me from every wearing cute shoes again. Alas.

Tina in CT said...

Love the strip flats and heels but the others are so ugly and can't imagine ever walking in them and especially in the snow and brown slop on the Russian streets/sidewalks.

Anonymous said...

I just was reading an article in the New Yorker couple of weeks ago and it described high heel shoe without actual heal. Some of these shoes are coming close
Olga

Annie said...

Anastasia LOVES heels. It is a torture to take her to a shoe store because that is all she wants, and no where to wear them! But, the few times she has done - costumes, and for school dances, it is absolutely amazing how adept and comfortable she is! She can RUN in them - across uneven pavement! Cobblestones! I am always amazed. Genetic, maybe.

Vince Vaiano said...

I cannot believe just how good your blog is. It is comprehensive as well as deep with content. The part about Russian shoes, marriages, and Russian ladies is just phenomenal. Please, keep up the great work. I know I am repeating myself, but this is just great!!!