Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Latte, a Muffin and a... Makeover??



I know that Starbucks encourages customers to feel at home, but I couldn't believe it when I saw these two giving each other complete makeovers there on a weekend morning! They had COMPLETE kits of makeup, and were even cleaning off each others' faces and starting with foundation, primer, etc...

I grew up knowing you weren't supposed to brush your hair/groom in public places. Here I regularly see women (and teens) touch up their makeup beyond simply putting on some lipstick. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too "strict New-England-y" in some ways when I see stuff like this... But it just instantly jumps out at me as "Eew! Not in public!" 

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm certainly with you on that one!!! I'd even say - go to the Library, girls! The bank lobby! Just not here where we're eating!

Tina in CT said...

I agree but then I would as I brought you up not to comb your hair, etc. in public places and especially where people are eating!