Friday, October 11, 2013

Olympic Matryoshkas


I LOVE these special-edition matryoshkas that are coming out as Russia gears up for the Olympics... Going to to have to pick one... Must say that the skier is right now my favorite, especially since my family has tickets for the Men's Alpine Skiing Downhill Finals (Medal Event). All of these dolls are being sold through the official Sochi Olympic site. 





Matryoshkas are popping up everywhere as a symbol, too... They're in porcelain, wood and on toys, etc. One of the villages for the athletes (where the downhill skiers will be) is all decorated with Russian kitsch including matryoshkas, too. 



Below is a magnet version of another favorite, also on the website. 


8 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I will HAVE to have one but which one?

Annie said...

Oh, I love them all! (Surprise!)

Tina in CT said...

I do too, Annie.

ko said...

Oh I want one!!! They are so neat!

Anonymous said...

oh, very cool, where in Moscow can I buy them?

gohomeandaway said...

Wow, those are gorgeous - cant believe I hadnt seen any yet, and I've been to Izmailovo just last week! That will be a very topical souvenir next year.

Ajay jain - www.apjtours.com said...

we are leading tour operator for moscow from delhi india.
moscow tour package from delhi

Unknown said...

Nice Blog. Let's Continue. I Love Moscow, Moscow on the Moskva River in western Russia. Stonehenge E commerce Pvt Ltd is a Best online Bus Service Provider.

Thanks,

KEEP IT UP,,,,